Thursday, October 20, 2011

Spiders!

This week in preschool, our theme was spiders.  To start the week, we read and sang The Itsy Bitsy Spider.  Then we made this fun craft from Mrs. Lee's October 2010 post "Spiders, Spiders, Spiders:"


If you have never visited Mrs. Lee's site, head on over now!  It is one of my absolute favorite teacher blogs!  She has wonderful ideas and excellent units available at TPT.  Here is a link to her blog:  http://mrsleeskinderkids.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-10-17T22%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=10

I also LOVE Deanna Jump's blog and used her "Silly Willy Spider" activity this week.  After singing everyone's name in the song, which students loved, we drew self-portraits with a "silly willy spider" on our head.  Here are some examples:

We also created silly spiders.  I was able to download the templates for FREE from Doodle Bugs Teaching:  http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/


I'm still trying to decide what to do next week!  I've collected so many great ideas from the blogs that I follow that it's hard to choose!  I think I might do a monster theme!  Check back next week to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment